Thursday, April 3, 2008

Cyber Activism Intro-Cpt1

So, I don't generally take reading notes, so it might take me a while to get the hang of this. anyway:
On page 26 the text talks about how the strength of internet protesting changed epically when people started being able to use graphics. I said: Does having more that text really make that much difference? All speech is is text. it seems to my the are overplaying the importance and impact of images.

On Page 30 the text talks about how information can spread in hours. My Senior year of high School, There was a shooting scare produced by myspace. A fight had broken out during the school day, and somehow that had gotten twisted into a shooting the next day. Maybe the viral spread of information isn't such a great thing.

1 comment:

angela said...

Good notes I agree with you that information can be spread fast and people get the wrong information.